South American Hike
Reviews 2 Reviews5/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Large Group
This 3-day trek starts in the village of Lares and traverses the Urubamba mountain range. It’s the best way to experience true Andean culture. You’ll see farmers hand-tilling potato fields at 10,000 feet, Quechua women wearing beautifully colored woven shawls while herding llama-like vicuñas, and cross 14,435-foot Ipsaycocha Pass, the highest point on the trek, before descending to the town of Ollantaytambo, where you can catch a train to Aguas Calientes, the jumping-off point for Machu Picchu.
For a more luxurious option, we offer multi-day adventures combining day hikes, thermal springs, visits to villages and archeological sites, and farm-to-table meals at its tasteful, plush lodges throughout the Sacred and Lares Valleys.
- All breakfasts, lunches and dinners
- All accommodation including
- Flights and transportation
- Tour for entire journey
- Travel insurance and other emergencies
- Visa fees and entry clearing fees
- Single room accommodations
- Liquors, beeers and bootled beverages
- Photography accessories like cameras etc.